Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are you Mr. Right?


Well, most of you can tell that I'm a camera and camcorder junkie. I can never find a good one I like. One with a good video quality, AND good pictures. So here I am, again, reviewing the Kodak Zi8 camcorder.




First of all, the camcorder has at the highest 1080P HD video in it, which should show up amazingly. And at the lowest video quality WVGA, which still is not a horrible quality of a video. And a camera function with 5 megapixel pictures. Well, like I said, you can not find one device with the best everything. And this camera is a prime example. I do have to say the video quality is good, for all the different ranges it has on it. But the pictures just look like a camera cell phone took them. Definitely not what Im looking for. I was so disappointed it the pictures. But the video is good, it has a button on it for macro focus, which is the best I have ever seen on a camcorder. Very nice. The only thing I would have to say about the video is that its really close, and wide screen, so I cant get much background in my video. Which is not the worst thing ever. I delt.
As for the overall functions and model of the camera itself: the camcorder is very hand-held, not as small as some others, but I still like it. Im not going to be putting it in my pocket of coarse, since I have a purse. But for men who do stick things in pockets, this wont really fit well. the layout of the buttons ar nice, they are big, spaced right, and work well with each other. The camcorder as a whole looks very nice and sleek.


It comes with a built in USB arm and its own software. Let me tell you its the worst software I have ever seen. First of all, it makes my computer run so slow. It lets you edit your movie, but only cut things out and trim the video. And you cant cut more that one little section of the video out, which is very annoying. It also takes forever to save the edited video to computer or upload to anything. It took literally 3 hours for upload to youtube through the software. Also to change formats of the videos to be able to edit it in Windows Mover Maker took about 5 hours. Im not joking.






So I am going to have to return to looking for my MR. Right Camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment