Thursday, August 12, 2010

Its gonna take longer than I thought...

Samsung SL105

It is so hard to find a good camera, I've been looking for about a hundred years now! The good ones are to much money, and the more around my price range ones are horrible quality. So I've been trying out lots of cameras. Then all of a sudden I just walk around the camera section, and see this camera, not on display, but below in the glass cabinet, just sitting there. I look at the price, $74, think to myself, "thats not horrible". Then I look at the box, see about the camera. At first look, the camera looks good, nice and shiny, very chic looking. So I find out that its 12 megapixel, and gasp. You can not find a camera for 74 dollars with 12 megs. anywhere. So I have to get it. I bought it, took it home, and had to try it out. When I open it up, it comes with a cute case, and a 2GB sd card, witch is bonus. The first thing I had to notice was the feel of the camera. And I have to say, that its probably the worst, cheapest feeling camera I have ever held in my life. It feels like I can break it with my pinky, just gripping it a little bit. But I needed to at lease test out the funtions. I look at the pictures, and they are not bad. Not at all great, but not the worst. It has the normal modes, face detection, red eye fix, (which works amazingly by the way), image stabilization (eh), and movie mode. I tried to take a close up of my eye, and the picture would not focus one bit. The picture was either really blurry, white, or just a big blog of nothing. The movie mode is ok, nothing to get worked up over. The video quality is only VGA, which is the least favorite of mine. So when push comes to shove, Im still on my camera hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment