Thursday, August 12, 2010

Free Makeup!

So if you are a Sephora junkie like I am, you know if you are a Beauty Insider, you get a free gift on your birthday. This year the gift has changed from the 3 little lip glosses, for a set of different eye things. Rumors spread about the sephora lip glosses that they were making people have reactions to them, and hurting their lips. I am so excited that my birthday had come around this year when they decided to change the gift. I was not going to use the lip glosses anyway.



So the free gift this year is a eyeshadow, an eyeliner, and a mascara. All three things in a mini form. But hey, you cant complain, its free.


It comes in the cute little box, smaller than I had hoped, but what can I say. First off is the eyeshadow, called Aspen Summit, its a pearlesent white color. Really pretty and kinda sheer. It has a good pigmentation on my finger with a swatch, but when I try to wear it, it doesnt really show up that well. Its a tiny little compact looking thing, but the actual pan of eyeshadow is 0.053 oz, which sounds very small, but has the same roundness of a MAC eyeshadow, just not as deep I guess.


Next is the eyeliner. Its in the color 11 Silver Green, and is 0.02 oz. Id say its about the length of my middle finger. When putting the color on, its not silver at all. Just a plain really dark forest green. And does not really go well on the waterline.


And last is the Mascara Lash Plumper at 0.01 fl oz. Really skinny, but a good way to try before you buy. It has a fat brush, which is good for making my lashes seem thicker. Overall the mascara is ok. Dont think I will buy the full size tho.


Overall, the idea of getting free makeup on your birthday is the best idea ever. Dont complain that you dont like the product, but enjoy the present!!

No comments:

Post a Comment