Thursday, August 12, 2010

Firm and Suck!

St.Ives Timeless Skin
Wow, am I excited to get to talk about this product! Well its the St. Ives apricot scrub Renew and Firm. Says to "exfoliates to help visibly tone and firm skin". I love this brand: natural extracts, not tested on animals, and has no parabens and phthalates in the products. But man, do I hate this one! I first bought this one because I was looking for a good exfoliater that did a little more. I thought this one would be good with the toning and firming of my skin. Man was I wrong! Well the actual formula is good, its a real gritty texture, which you have to get used to, or like the manual feel of exfoliating. I don't mind this to much. It smells ok, nothing special, but definitely have smelled worse. As for an exfoliater, it works amazing, just what it needs to do. After washing with this one, my skin felt smooth, soft, just how it should after a scrub. I used it about 2 to 4 times a week, and after about a month, my skin was getting so bad with breakouts and I had no idea what I was doing wrong! I tried cleansing more often, tried new products, but didn't change this one, so I finally got a clue, and stopped using the St. Ives scrub, and little to be hold, my skin was clearing up, no more breakouts. It don't matter how toned my skin is, if I have pimples all over it, im gonna stop using the product. And to be honest, I did not notice any difference in the firmness or tone of my skin what so ever. I even tried using on my legs and arms so I wont waste the product or my money, but even my arms started breaking out. So I will ABSOLUTELY NEVER WILL NOT buy this product again!

No comments:

Post a Comment