Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trendy makeup for me!?

First off, I had just gotten into the brand Urban Decay, got hooked on the foundation, then started to look at the eyeshadow. I fell in love with all the eyeshadow, they are so pigmented, smooth, and goes on nicely. The only downside to the eye shadows are that they are really expensive, just for a round pan of it. So when I took a look at the shadow boxes they sell, I was actually kinda interested in them. I looked at all of them, and decided to purchase the Ammo Shadow Box. I took a look at the price, 36 dollars, and got a little flustered, but when I thought about it, the single eye shadows are $17 for 1.5 grams. And in the shadow box, it comes with 10 shadows, but with only 0.8 grams. I came to my senses at realized that the shadow box is really not that expensive when it comes down to the eye shadows. So i got it home to test them out. The first thing I noticed is the packaging, it comes in a plastic box, and the shadow box itself feels like its made outo of really hard cardboard, which feels good and sturdy to me. On the box itself it has the prettiest design on it, even has some velvet feeling material on it. The black box, with pink, purple, and white swirls kinda looks kinda punk, or rock, it brings me back to my high school days! I absolutely love the packaging! You open it up, and it has a big mirror on the top portion of the box, and then I see the shadows. Let me say that there are a lot of different colors in this one. From browns, to greens. The shadows are a little small, but half of them I will not use to tell you the truth. These colors are so pigmented, go on so smooth, and blend amazingly with one another. Like I said, Im only using about 6 of the 10 shadows it comes with. I am loving the shadow box, and I am very satisfied with my purchase.








The shadows include:



Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper



Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, Sin

No comments:

Post a Comment